Looking for a quick and easy (and healthy) treat?
Spring is the start of the new papaya season! So put the icy poles away, because here's the perfect after-school treat.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Freezer Time: 4 hours
- 2 cups Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 – 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 300 g peeled papaya
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (130 g)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (35 g)
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Dice the papaya - chop half finely (1cm pieces) and the other half roughly (2-3cm pieces), you should have about 2 cups total.
- Combine yoghurt and vanilla in a bowl. Add syrup or honey to taste, then stir through half the finely chopped papaya.
- Spread papaya yoghurt mixture over the prepared pan in an even layer. Top with raspberries, pistachios and remaining papaya.
- Freeze 2 - 4 hours until firm. Cut or break yoghurt bark into bite-sized pieces and serve immediately, or store in a freezer bag for a quick treat.
- You could replace the natural yoghurt with an equal quantity of your favourite vanilla yoghurt and leave out the syrup and extract, or substitute with coconut yoghurt for a dairy-free treat.
- For a thicker yoghurt bark use a smaller pan.
Per serve: 490kJ; Protein 5g; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 2g; Carbohydrate 11g; Sugars 11g; Fibre 2g; Sodium 50mg
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Papaya