Stacked with protein and fibre, and super easy and quick to make, they’re a family favourite, offering affordable eating with just a handful of ingredients.
Makes three dozen biscuits
If you like, you can add some chocolate buttons to the mix also.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Line a flat baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
3. Using your food processor, blend down the dates, flax seed meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt and the bi-carb until the dates are finely chopped.
4. Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl, and quickly add boiling water and oil (coconut or olive).
5. Using a fork, combine into a dough.
6. Let the mix sit to firm-up for 10 minutes.
7. Roll into walnut size balls, place on a baking tray and flatten with a fork.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, cool and enjoy!
*Recipe provided by Tania Hubbard.