These cookies are simple to make, use only a few ingredients and best of all, they boost your milk supply!
But even if you aren’t a breastfeeding mother, this recipe is perfect for morning tea at work or for kids’ snacks.
Gluten-free and dairy-free, they also packed full of nutritious ingredients (oats, almonds, healthy oils and dates), and sure to keep hunger at bay.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: Approximately 12 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the almonds in the blender and pulse until the almonds become fine like breadcrumbs. Don't have a blender? No problem. Simply buy almond meal rather than whole almonds, and mix the ingredients together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the oats, honey, oil, egg and baking powder and blend.
4. Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir through the chopped dates and linseeds.
5. Using a tablespoon, spoon portions of the mixture onto a large baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Turn the oven off and leave the cookies in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cook on a wire rack.