All About Kids Family Clinic
AddressDeep Creek, Kempsey Shire Council, New South Wales, Australia
All About Kids is a specialist child and family clinic. Children, adolescents and their parents are supported within the clinic by a range of professional assessment, counselling and therapy services.
Psychologists, Counsellors, Social Workers, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Career Counsellors work together to provide the best possible support for your family.
Family members are supported for a range of reasons including:
Counselling and Psychology
- Perinatal support (counselling, pregnancy support and early parenting)
- Anxiety, stress and worry
- Depression and sadness
- Behavioural difficulties
- School related difficulties
- Social and friendship problems
- School subject choice and career counselling
- Developmental delays and disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Dyslexia and other learning difficulties
- Family relationship and marital problems
- Grief, trauma and loss
Speech Language Pathology
- Speech problems
- Delayed language development
- Reading & spelling problems
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Fine motor delays and difficulties
- Handwriting support
- Sensory processing disorders
- Motor coordination difficulties
- Emotional resilience
All clinicians are registered and belong to their respective professional associations.
How to arrange a visit
Anyone can ring and make an appointment to see a clinician at All About Kids. If you are unsure who you should see, we offer a case management service which is an appointment arranged to discuss your concerns and your child’s developmental history, and together we plan the best intervention by the most appropriate professional. Alternatively, your GP or Paediatrician may send a referral letter. For families who have FaHCSIA funding, you will find us in your service provider booklet.
The number of visits or therapy sessions varies and is dependent upon individual needs. However, most people find that 6 – 10 sessions of focused intervention makes a significant difference. For children with developmental disorders this may be extended.
Sessions are around 50 minutes and there are some opportunities for rebates through various avenues including Medicare, Brisbane Mind, Fahcsia, and private health funds.
All About Kids offers a range of assessments which help diagnose or work out the best way to support you and your children.
Psychology and Counselling
- Learning and IQ assessments
- Reading and Maths testing
- Emotional and Behavioural assessments
- ADD/ ADHD diagnosis
- Autistic Spectrum disorder identification
- Memory and Attention testing
- Adaptive Behaviour (day to day functioning) assessments
Speech Language Pathology
- Speech and Language assessments
- Communication and pragmatic language assessments
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech testing
- Fine motor and handwriting assessments
- Sensory processing assessment
- Motor coordination assessment
- Adaptive behaviour (day to day functioning) assessments
A number of group programs are offered throughout the year:
Cool Little Kids, Cool Kids, Chilled, Cool Kids ASD.
This anxiety prevention program is offered for 3 age groups up to 18 years plus a specific program for children with ASD. Developed at Macquarie university this program runs for 6 to 12 weeks (program specific) and is a program recognised by a number of government and independent institutions.
All About Friendships
This social skills program for 4 to 8 year olds has been specifically written by All About Kids clinicians to develop the core skills for social and friendship success. Children with an Autistic Spectrum disorder or children who have delayed social skill development benefit from this program.
This well-known parenting program is an excellent general management program targeting young children and primary school aged children. Two experienced All About Kids clinicians who have worked with the Triple P team through the University of Queensland and Triple P international are group leaders.
Triple P – Stepping Stones
Stepping Stones is a version of the Triple P program designed specifically with children who have disabilities in mind. This is a recommended program for parents who have children with a disability.
Medicare rebates are available for groups with a GP referral.