No trip to the Sunshine Coast is complete without visiting SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, a multi-award winning, year-long attraction.
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast has been recognised as the best attraction in the region at The Sunshine Coast Business Awards in November 2017.
Situated right at The Wharf in Mooloolaba, just moments from the main Esplanade, SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast is home to thousands of marine and freshwater animals – including sharks, seals, turtles, stingrays, tropical fish and more.
Explore 11 fun and interactive animal zones – across three levels, including the tidal touch pool, seahorse sanctuary, jellyfish kingdom and the majestic Grey Nurse Sharks in our one of a kind Ocean Tunnel.
With different fun talks and animal feeds, including the family favourite seal show, there’s plenty for everyone to enjoy at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast.
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast also offers intimate, hands-on seal experiences like no other. There are three encounters to choose from.
- Seal swim: You have the opportunity to make a splash and go swimming with the seals while experiencing their behaviours during the Seal Swim.
- Seal encounter: If you’d prefer to keep dry, you can also meet the lovable resident seals by booking a Seal Encounter – the experience includes entry into SEA LIFE and photo opportunities.
- Seal trainer for a day: Feel like getting to know the beautiful seals even more? Here is your chance with our Seal Trainer for a Day experience, where you can truly come face to flipper with our seals.
SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast at a glance:
- Multi-award winning, all weather visitor attraction
- Winner of the 2017 best attraction in the region at The Sunshine Coast Business Awards
- One of the Sunshine Coast's leading family and tourist attractions
- Brand new Jawsome Sharks
- Discover the 80-metre long Ocean Tunnel: Explore the depths of the ocean as you walk underneath the ocean. View sharks, rays, reef fish, sawfish and much more
- Something ‘fishy’ is happening on Seal Island at SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast! The daily seal presentation is full of surprises and maximum seal-iness
- One of Australia's largest collections of jellyfish in our Jellyfish Kingdom: Did you know that jellyfish have lived in oceans for over 650 million years? That means they’re older than dinosaurs and even sharks
- Discover what happens after hours in the daily ‘Behind the Scenes’ tours
- Tour the turtle hospital and learn about SEA LIFE Sunshine’s Coast rescue rehabilitation program for injured turtles
- Open daily from 9am to 3pm (latest admission 2pm). Longer opening hours during QLD school holidays from 9am to 5pm (latest admission 4pm)