For a child, losing their teeth is one the biggest milestone in their childhood, plus they get money for every tooth! Children usually put their tooth under the pillow and eagerly wait for the Tooth Fairy to take the tooth and leave them some money. Sometimes though, a child can stay up so late or they wake up as soon as you enter their room – or you plain forget and fall asleep, not getting the job done, only to find a teary eyed child to console in the morning.
Parents are usually quick to come up with an excuse as to why the Tooth Fairy didn’t come but in case you need some excuses, oops we mean reasons, here are 20.
- Your room was so messy, the Tooth Fairy couldn’t find your tooth.
- She got lost in the rain.
- She could hear you waking up and quickly had to leave before you saw her! She’s not allowed to be seen.
- It’s our job to tell her your tooth fell out – oops we forgot to tell her!
- She doesn’t go out during a full moon… there’s too many crazy people around.
- It was so hot and humid her wings were sticking together so she couldn’t fly.
- Her bag of teeth was so heavy she had to go home to empty it out.
- You went to sleep too late and she couldn’t wait because she had to get to the next missing tooth.
- You woke up too early and she didn’t have time to get to your tooth before you woke up – maybe sleep in longer tomorrow?
- The Tooth Fairy is on holiday, you’ll be the first one she visits when she gets back to work.
- She collected so many teeth, she ran out of money so she’ll be back tomorrow.
- Ohh! She left the money on the kitchen counter because she was in a rush to get home! She said to check your tooth is still in your room before you take the money so she can collect it tonight (then you do the mad dash to your wallet to get the money and put it on the kitchen bench before your child gets to it!)
- Santa needed her help last night to make the toys for Christmas.
- She was helping the Easter Bunny to make chocolate.
- The Tooth Fairy doesn’t like Halloween.
- It was her birthday yesterday so she was busy celebrating with her Tooth Fairy friends.
- She was stuck in traffic. It was busy last night! She’ll probably come while you’re at school today.
- She was sick and didn’t want to spread her germs around.
- The Tooth Fairy boss accidentally gave her the wrong address!
- Your Tooth Fairy has swapped to day shift for a while so she didn’t come last night.
In some houses, the Tooth Fairy has requested the teeth be placed on the bedside table rather than under the pillow. It’s so hard to find the tooth under the pillow and she doesn’t want to wake the child nor does she want to be squashed if the child moves around in their sleep.