Craft & Games
Healthy Halloween recipes for kids
Boo! It’s time to get your spook on! Kids love getting messy in the kitchen, so here’s some healthy Halloween treats you can make together.
- Bananas (each banana will make 2 ghosts)
- Bread sticks
- Chocolate chips
- Peel banana and cut in half.
- Add small chocolate chips for eyes and one big chocolate chip for the mouth.
- Push the cut end of the banana onto the stick.
- Red apples
- Mini marshmallows
- Cream cheese
- Slice apples into slices around 15mm thick.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of an apple slice.
- Stick on marshmallows in a row (like teeth).
- Spread cream cheese on the side of another apple slice and stick on top.
- Mozzarella cheese sticks (each stick will make 3 broomsticks)
- Bread sticks or pretzel sticks
- Slice the cheese sticks into thirds.
- Use scissors, or gently separate with fingers, to create a fringe on the lower half of the cheese piece – to make the broom.
- Insert a bread stick into the un-cut end of the cheese stick to make the broom handle.
- Tie a chive around the top. This step can be a little fiddly so smaller kids might need some help.