Yummo Jaffa Balls - perfect for lunchboxes!
Looking for a simple yet delicious snack? These Jaffa Balls from MummaO are refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free… and SUPER yum!
- ½ bag pitted dates (soaked)
- ½ bag desiccated coconut
- ½ bag raw cashews
- 2 oranges (grated zest from both + 1 orange juice only)
OR 8 drops Young Living Tangerine Essential Oil
- 2 tbsp. rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ block dark chocolate finely chopped (100g)
- Blitz dates, coconut and cashews together until blended well and pour into a bowl. Or in a Thermomix: Blitz dates, coconut and cashews at speed 8 for 10 seconds until well mixed and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Roll into balls by squeezing mixture in palm of your hand and then gently rolling into balls and placing on a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with extra orange rind to decorate or freeze and then drizzle melted chocolate on top for a real treat! I usually add 3 drops of Young Living Tangerine Essential Oil into the drizzling chocolate for that extra Jaffa hit!
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.
Need more lunchbox inspiration? Try 5 top tips to make a healthy lunchbox IRRESISTIBLE! and Healthy Chocolate Brownies