The beautiful location lends itself perfectly to a wide variety of themes. Little pirates can build rafts to sail the creek, fairies and princesses can build flower crowns and junior wildlife warriors can explore the forest together. Wildlings parties offer various options for children from pre-school to high school age to have fun outdoors, learning new life skills along the way. Younger kids can build cubbies or dig for fossils. Older children can enjoy a fire and bush cooking lesson or crystal jewellery and crafts. There are also options to create something special to take home. Mini native bee hotel, anyone?
In the forest there is also a swing in a beautiful old tree, a balancing beam and natural slides along the track, allowing children to get in touch with nature.
With sunlight sparkling through the gently falling leaves, and a soundtrack of birdsong, laughter and trickling water, this is a world away from the chaos of flashing lights and fast food that typify parties today.
And creating a stunning sustainable birthday party is easy! Because an amazing group of Sunshine Coast mumpreneurs are available to create beautiful decorations, one-of-a-kind gifts and nourishing, delicious menus – a great choice for busy parents. Setting the scene
Creating a healthy, sustainable nature party is all about embracing your surroundings. Natural colours and pastel shades work best. A flower arrangement brings a special feel to the table – choose blooms that match the theme and shades of your party. Add texture and interest with plumes of grasses or twigs.
Flags and wreathes strung between the trees with an assortment of rugs and cushions below create inviting play spaces for games. Spaces for make-believe can be created, with dress-up costumes, natural face-paint and hair chalk.
The great thing about a party like this is the flexibility. If you want to go all out there are fantastic local suppliers of sustainable, eco-friendly party products. But, if you like to keep things simple – this is perfect too. The venue is already beautiful and the team at Wildlings will keep the kids entertained. Perfect!
- Wildlings birthday parties are held at your choice of venue: Petrie Creek, Pt Cartwright rockpools, or Maroochy Botanic Gardens, with access and amenities varying by venue.
- Access to Petrie Creek is approximately 200m walk from the PCYC carpark, where parking, toilets, tables and drinking water are located.
- You may bring your own decorations, food, drink, chairs and tables. A pram or cart can be useful for this for transporting items to the party site.
- Activities are held on a big round mat on
- As this is an outdoor-based setting, clothing
may get dirty.
Apricot and Cashew Bites
- 1 cup organic dried apricots (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup raw/activated and dried cashews
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Optional: Pure Vanilla
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blitz until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon into moulds and press down firmly with the back of a spoon to compact.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to solidify then remove from the moulds and serve.
- Small silicon moulds such as mini pattycake moulds are ideal. The mixture can also be rolled into balls or logs.
- Keep cool until serving.
Recipe supplied by Primal Influence
Make your own Flower Crowns
- Scissors or snips
- Floral tape
- Floral/flexi wire or vines. Cat’s claw works well. Leave the leaves on for
a fuller looking crown.
- A variety of flowers with stems.
- Measure your head by wrapping the vine around your head twice, leaving
a minimum of 10cm extra at each
end for tying off. Wrap the vine
under and over itself to create
a simple, tight weave.
- Use the floral tape to stick the
- This is the fun part! Choose your flowers and decorate your crown!
Poke the stems of your flowers
through the gaps in your weave and stick them down with floral tape.
Activity provided by Wildlings Forest School, flower crowns for this shoot provided by Flower Bomb.
Wildlings Forest School
Nature playgroups, kindy, holiday programs, birthday parties
0407 768 687/0432 874 068
Madeline V Photography
0419 823 575
A Rustic Beach House
Interior Design, Event & Photoshoot styling
0408 466 292
Fermented foods recipes and workshops
Health, fitness, food coaching,
0433 079 686
Naturally dyed aromatherapy playdough
Chloe et Antoine
Dinosaur play rug, Dragon wings
& tails. Handcrafted on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland
0405 347 032
The Paperbark Diaries
Copywriting, editing, product and venue photography – bringing your authentic brand story to life!
0423 050 464
Sunday Threads Noosa
0404 796 115
Asha & Jane Co
Laser cutting studio
0417 291 746
Handprinted Tibetan Wish Horse Flags
0400 544 825
Wooden Horse Swing Set
facebook: Little Larks
Little Clan Wild
Handcrafted jewellery & accessories
for your Wildlings!
0474 173 770
Natural make-up, facepaint and hair chalk
Fresh market bunches delivered across the Sunshine Coast, indoor plant delivery and events
0401 283 243
Talulah & Belle
Boutique childrens’ clothing
Timber dolls beds, furniture, bedding
facebook: Little Mackie
African drumming, dancing
0434 585 992
facebook: Rhythm Culture
Bamboo Dinnerware for fussy eaters, ethically made with love
0450 762 280