Food & Travel
The kids review the Novotel Surfers Paradise
Located on the popular Gold Coast, in the heart of Surfers Paradise, surrounded by pristine beaches, is Novotel Surfers Paradise.
Our mini staycation started by going through a quick and easy check in, which is always greatly appreciated with three young children. The hotel lobby is beautiful and has lounges to sit and wait if you need to, along with a bar area so you can enjoy a beverage while you wait. The hotel staff are so friendly and helpful and made sure we had everything we needed before we checked into our suite.
It’s always exciting to see the suites for the first time and our accommodation didn’t disappoint. Our deluxe family suite had two rooms, the main room with the most comfortable king sized bed we’d ever slept on and the second room had two single beds and a flat screen television for the kids’ enjoyment.
The view from our room was breath taking. We had perfect views of Surfers Paradise beach, and could see everything unfolding on the beach from our private balcony. The style and décor of the main room was a cross between modern with a splash of beach. The artwork on the wall was the focal point and really showcased the room – great to take photos in front of.
The suite suited to our family of five, two adults and three children and was definitely designed for comfort. Everyone had more than enough space to relax and unwind. The deluxe family suite includes:
• 2 x flat screen televisions
• Cable TV and in room movies
• Hair dryer
• In room safe
• Kettle and cups along with complimentary tea, coffee and milk
• USB port above bedside table
As a parent, some of the things we appreciated were:
• The block out curtains so everyone could enjoy a good solid sleep and wake up when they were ready (although with our gorgeous view, the sunrise was worth waking up to).
• The shelving inside the wardrobe was great for putting everyone’s things away on their own shelf and the hanging rack was great for our evening wear.
• The corner sofa and desk in the main room was ideal for the kids to sit and colour or draw.
• The balcony had two chairs and a table so we could enjoy the sunset and sunrise as well as use them to dry our swimmers and towels – bonus!
• The Hollywood mirror above the sink was perfect for doing hair and make-up, and the sink was located just outside the bathroom so we could use it if the bathroom was occupied.
After exploring our suite, we went down to the pool area which was a hit with the kids. While the kids swam, we sat back on the comfy lounge chairs and enjoyed some down time. The Novotel provides pool towels which makes it so much easier for parents, just pick them up before entering the pool area and dry off and drop them in the used towel basket before you leave. Another big hit with the kids was the games and arcade area, it’s something different you don’t come across in most hotels.
Another swim before we left was refreshing. Check out was fast and easy and with secure parking on site, it was easy to get all the luggage in to the car.
The hotel also has a bar, restaurant, gym and tennis court, which we didn’t get a chance to enjoy, but there’s always next time!
3105 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, 4217 Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast
For more information go to www.novotelsurfersparadise.com.au
You may also like…