A great after school treat for the kids, these no bake energy bars are packed full of healthy fats, oats, nuts and ohh so good for you cacao. And the best thing? They're so SIMPLE to make!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (no added sugar) or can substitute almond butter or ABC Paste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs cacao
1. Melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil over a medium to low heat in a saucepan on the stove.
2. Once melted remove from heat and add the oats, shredded coconut, nuts and cacao.
3. Stir together until well combined.
4. Pour into a greased slice tin and cool in the fridge or freezer.
5. When hardened cut into bars.
6. Store in the fridge or freezer.
What's your go-to afternoon snack for your little one?
Looking for more simple yet nutritious recipes? Check out our sweet potato chocolate cake, yummy lunchbox pizza muffins, home-made chicken nuggets or our easy freezable choc chip slice!