Jaffles, toasties, toasted sandwiches...whatever you like to call them, they are a staple in many households, especially in winter.
We recently put a call out on Facebook asking about their favourite fillings and we inundated with yummy, mouth-watering and creative suggestions.
This list will surely have you running to your kitchen to whip out your jaffle maker/toasted sandwich maker.
- Baked beans
- Banana sprinkled with raw sugar
- Banana and cinnamon
- Baked beans and cheese
- Savoury mince
- Spaghetti and cheese
- Apple and cinnamon
- Chicken, pesto and cheese
- Bacon, cheese & salsa
- Beef stew
- Creamed corn
- Ham and cheese
- Three cheese & pepperoni
- Garlic butter, cheese & baked beans
- Creamed corn and Spanish onion
- Hot salami and cheese
- Cheese, tomato and mustard
- Pizza sauce, mozzarella, sliced salami, onion and olives
- Baked beans and egg
- Egg and cheese
- Puff pastry, apple and cinnamon
- Asparagus and cheese
- Salami, cheese, avocado and tomato
- Banana, peanut butter and honey/maple syrup
- Ham, cheese and pineapple
- Cheese and onion
- Tomato paste, tuna, cheese, onion and Italian herbs
- Leftover curry
- Mashed potato, diced bacon and onion, garlic, egg , salt and pepper.
- Vegemite and cheese
What’s your favourite toastie filling?