A tasty and easy favourite for the kids, they'll love you forever!
With a delicious caramel undertone and choc chips, it's a household winner.
Being such a versatile mix, you can also replace the chocolate chips with seeds, nuts, coconut, white chocolate chips, or sultanas each week, experimenting with different toppings to keep things interesting.
125gm butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Put it together
- In a medium mixing bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence. Mix well to form a smooth caramel texture batter.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix well.
- Pour into a lined square (20cm x 20cm) baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and bake in a 180 degree Celcius oven for 15-20 minutes (or until golden and the slice bounces back when touched).
- Allow to cool slightly, then lift the baking paper out with the slice.
- Place on a bench and cut into slices.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Makes: 16 slices
Freezer friendly: Place slices into zip lock bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
For more freezable recipes, check out our probiotic jelly lollies and our no bake oat bars.
What's your little one's fav slice?