Looking for the yummiest gingerbread men ever to make with your kids? Look no further!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes (oven)
No. of serves: 20 standard biscuits
- 400g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp McCormick Ginger, Ground
- 1 tsp McCormick Mixed Spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 120g brown sugar
- 60g butter or margarine
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place the flour, ginger, mixed spice and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the sugar, butter, golden syrup and milk together, and mix with the dry ingredients (if too crumbly add in a splash more milk).
- Knead lightly and roll out the dough until 1cm thick.
- Cut out shapes (you could even make into the shape of Christmas trees if you have a cutter) and bake in a 170°C pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool, then decorate.
What is your favourite seasonal treat?
For more kid-friendly baking ideas, check out these yummy Guilt-free chocolate brownies and Super-easy coconut cookies.