Serves 6, Protein: 5.1grams, Carbs: 18.2grams
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring often, until very soft but not browned (approx. 4 minutes).
3. Add cumin; cook for 1 minute.
4. Add butternut pumpkin, chicken broth, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, and simmer until pumpkin is very tender (about 30 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Puree cooled soup in a blender in several batches. Return to pot.
7. Stir in cream and reheat.
8. Season with lemon juice and salt to taste.
9. Ladle soup into bowls.
10. Top each serving with a pinch of the remaining zest.
*Recipe provided by Atkins Nutritionals.