As the largest indoor playcentre in the Brisbane AND the southern hemisphere, its no surprise that Area 51 has piqued the attention of families city-wide since opening its doors.
Area 51 is truly a sight to behold. From the moment you walk through the doors, kids are bursting with excitement. Everyone astounded at the enormity of the adventure they are about to embark upon.
But as well as play adventures at every turn, this enormous playcentre in Brisbane is fast becoming an inclusive community hub and place of learning for all demographics.
“We are both educational and recreational at the same time!” says Emma Lamberth, Business Development Manager at Area 51.
And this is because—along with a wide variety of dining options, party and event packages and endless play for all ages—the playcentre also now has a growing weekly schedule of classes and activities.
“The classes run at Area 51 are an important part of our vision. We wish to provide a location where families may enjoy themselves while also learning new skills.”
Classes available at Brisbane playcentre Area 51
- Ready Steady Go Kids Sports
- Brisbane Kung Fu
- Rising Star Dance
- Film Lab Academy
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Sound Healing
- Brisbane Performing Academy
- Robam Cooking Classes (coming soon)
This epic adventure play centre in Brisbane is also fast becoming the Brisbane’s favourite birthday party spot. And it’s easy to see why.
“We have a party for all ages and interests. From our Astrotots party for the youngest space explorers to the Head for the Heights party for the big kids, your next kids birthday party will be out of this world!” says Naomi, Party Coordinator at Area 51.
Parties include food, two hours in the party room, themed decorations and invitations.
“Just bring a cake and kids ready for adventure!” says Naomi.
And… for the parents?
Yup, there are classes for parents too!
“Have a go at bouldering, take a sound healing class, or step up your kitchen skills with a cooking class,” says Chloe, Classes and Creche Coordinator.
“By using our on-site creche, parents with little ones can participate in a class or simply take a break whilst the kids take a class or play,” adds Venue Manager Rachel.
Oh yes, indeedy… relax! Because Area 51 also has a 300-seater cafe where parents can catch up with friends, or simply enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat.
What’s at Area 51
- ASTROTOTS (0 – 2 years): A wonderland with mini trampolines, slides, ball pits and merry-go-round in a protected toddler-only area + access Cosmo’s InflatableWonderland.
- MINI ROVERS (3 – 4 years): Gizmo’s Galaxy, trampoline park, Cosmo’s Inflatable Wonderland.
- UNIVERSE (5 – 12 years): Access to the trampoline park, bouldering, Gizmo’s Inflatable Arctic Adventure, Gizmo’s Galaxy, mega slides, Parkour X, Ninja Park, high ropes, climbing walls.
- POWER PLAY (13+): Stairway to Heaven, Leap of Faith, high ropes, climbing walls, mega slides, trampoline park, Parkour X and Space Ninja Warrior.