Yum! These banana muffins with whipped maple ricotta are something else! They are simply delicious.
You’ll love them with a hot cuppa and a relaxing read, while the kids will enjoy them as afternoon snacks when they’re ravenous from being at school.
Iconic cooking brand, Kenwood, encourages families to get creative in the kitchen, drawing on the shared experiences of baking and cooking to create new family recipes and traditions. Recently partnering with mum and nutritionist Ana Robinson to develop a series of nutritious yet delicious recipes, Kenwood Kids in the Kitchen inspires parents and children to create memories and recipes that will be passed down for years to come.
Total time 35 minutes
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup whole wheat plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
WHIPPED MAPLE RICOTTA
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 18OC and line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients through a sieve.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into a mixer bowl and whisk together on a medium speed for a couple of minutes. Remove the whisk attachment and replace with the ‘K beater’. Place the machine back on a low to medium speed and slowly add dry ingredients. Only beat for a couple of minutes until a batter has formed.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tins and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the ricotta into the mixer bowl with the whisk attachment. Whisk on a medium speed while slowly pouring in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Once you have a smooth consistency the whipped ricotta frosting is ready.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
No nutritional information available for this recipe.