The struggle of getting a child to eat their two and five serves of fruit and vegetables a day is a battle many parents face. We all know the importance of including healthy and nutritious meals in a growing and active child’s diet, but that floret of broccoli or slice of apple might not be the first thing kids pick to eat! Frozen fruit is a great way to sneak in a healthy snack during summer.
Here’s a quick and yummy frozen fruit recipe you can make together!
Frozen Fruit Yoghurt Bites
Fruit is an important element of a nutritious diet as it contains a range of vitamins, minerals and fibre to help growing kids. With a rainbow colour selection to choose from, fruit can be an enjoyable part of any child’s diet.
- 30g honey
- 300ml plain yoghurt
- Fruit of your choice!
- Blend yoghurt and honey together.
- Blend each fruit separately.
- Mix the yoghurt and honey blend with each fruit blend.
- Scoop the combined mix into an icy-pole mold or ice cube tray and put a wooden stick in each.
- Freeze until ready to eat!