Ready Steady Go Kids
Ready Steady Go Kids is Australia’s largest and most reputable multi-sport and exercise program for children aged from 18 months to 6 years.
We have been operating since 2004 and currently run classes at more than 150 locations nationally. Our high quality, physio-designed program teaches children the fundamentals of 10 different sports in a fun, non-competitive, team-based environment.
Our program objectives are as follows:
- To introduce preschoolers to a variety of sports in a structured, safe, inclusive and non-competitive environment.
- Show preschoolers that sport and physical activity are fun.
- Develop and enhance age-appropriate gross motor skills, coordination and correct posture.
- Introduce and reinforce the importance of warm-up and stretching to help prevent injuries and proper hydration.
- Teach the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork.
To ensure that every participant receives a high level of attention and support, we maintain a low instructor to student ratio. Our instructors have (as a minimum) a Level 1 Coaching qualification under the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme from the Australian Sports Commission, a current working with children check and extensive experience in teaching preschool aged children.
Our classes run for 45 minutes and 30 minutes for our get ready program (18 months-2.5 years). We cover 10 sports across two terms.. Our classes follow the same structure each week – warm up, stretches, sport skills and then an activity to foster gross motor skills, hand/eye/foot coordination and/or balance activity to complete the sport of the week.
Ready Steady Go Kids seeks to develop a lifelong passion for physical activity and sport, decrease childhood obesity, increase confidence and prepare children for participation in school and the broader community.
Venues and times
|Caloundra Cricket Club||Saturdays|
4-6 year olds 8.00am
2.5 – 4 years 8.45am
|Maroochydore Sunshine Coast Indoor Sports Stadium||Saturdays|
18 months – 2.5 years 8.45am
4-6 years 9.15am
2.5-4 years 10.00am
New classes and locations coming soon please check website for updates