Home & Health
Healthy and Delicious Cauliflower Hash Browns
Low carb, gluten free, dairy free – these healthy cauliflower hash browns are a great addition to the family menu!
Makes approx. 10
2 cups riced/finely grated cauliflower florets
1/2 cup finely diced brown onion
2 large eggs, whisked
2 tbsp almond meal
Good quality salt + pepper
Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
1/2 brown onion, sliced
- In a mixing bowl combine riced cauliflower with onion, eggs, almond meal, salt and pepper.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Spoon heaped tablespoon portions of mixture onto pan and use back of spoon to gently flatten and shape.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat each side or until golden.
- Sauté remaining sliced onion in extra virgin olive oil over low- medium heat until caramelised.
- Serve on top of cauliflower hash browns (optional).
- You can also add 1/2 tsp garlic powder or a pinch of chilli powder to the cauliflower has browns for an extra kick.
- For extra sweetness, caramelise the chopped onion first by cooking over low-medium heat in an oiled frying pan.
About the author: Passionate about inspiring others to live a healthy and happy life, naturopath and nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons shares her healthy recipes, free from gluten, dairy and sugar,
in a refreshing and simple way. Her easy-to-understand nutrition and lifestyle advice has helped many people improve
their health and vitality and to live their healthiest and best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au
or follow Live Love Nourish on social media:
Instagram @livelovenourishaus – Facebook @livelovenourish
Recipe by Australian Onions