Flinders Aquatic Academy is now open, located within the Buderim precinct at: 1-47 Stringybark Road, Buderim.
The Academy offers learn to swim classes to Sunshine Coast families. Flinders Aquatic Academy learn to swim classes are designed for each individual swimmer to progress through the levels, whilst mastering the skill criteria in one level before advancing to the next.
Each level of the Learn-to-Swim classes includes training in basic personal water safety, personal water growth and personal stroke development. Other swim development progressions are available. including: water acclimation, floating skills, body line and kicking, proposing and breathing regulation, side breathing and freestyle arm stroke and backstroke fundamentals.
Learning to swim has many benefits:
- Fostering aquatic and water safety awareness, skills and practices.
- Participate in positive, fun activities that enhances skills and create a life time of appreciation for active living and safe enjoyment in the water.
- Further develops and enhances the physical, social, emotional, language and cognitive developmental skills of each participant.
- Fosters physical activity and skills, assisting with each child’s functionality and mobility.
- Promotes a positive outlet for built up energy, with the provision of supporting a positive sense of self confidence, worth and wellbeing of each individual child.
- Provide each individual through regular Learn to Swim class participation the opportunity to maximise their swimming ability and skills and reach their full potential whilst broadening their experience in a safe aquatic environment.
- Meaningful participation in extra curricula activities optimising each child’s learning opportunities.