Packed with nutrients and vitamins, these delicious egg tacos are a fun hands-on dinner
and an easy way
to introduce a little flavour to your meals.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup light cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup finely diced green capsicum
- 2 small tomatoes, seeds removed,
- 8 mini stand ‘n’ stuff taco shells
- 8 small baby cos lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup grated tasty cheese
- Break eggs into a bowl. Add cream, salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir through tomato. Add egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until beginning to set.
Gently stir. Cook for 1 minute and stir again or until
egg is just set.
- Heat taco shells following packet directions.
- Place warmed taco shells onto a platter. Fill with lettuce, egg mixture, diced avocado, sour cream
TIP: You can swap out the taco shells for burrito wraps or soft-shell tacos. For a lighter lower-carb version, simply serve in large cos lettuce cups.