Keeping your kids entertained can feel like a never-ending task. Sometimes, only a new experience can satisfy their curious brains. Luckily, Brisbane has plenty of family-friendly activities that are exciting and fun for kids of all ages. Here’s a list of 25 of the best things to do in Brisbane with kids.
25 Things to do in Brisbane with kids
- Go on a Story Bridge Adventure Climb. Enjoy a thrilling experience climbing Brisbane’s iconic Story Bridge with stunning city views.
- Watch a movie at the Yatala Drive-In Theatre. Treat the family with a retro cinematic experience from the comfort of your own car.
- Go on a whale-watching tour. Witness majestic humpback whales during their annual migration season.
- Explore the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium. Learn about the wonders of the universe with fascinating space shows and exhibitions.
- Visit the Brisbane Botanic Gardens. Take a leisurely stroll or let the kids run free through luscious gardens and diverse plant life.
- Explore the Sciencentre: Interact with educational displays that stimulate the mind and senses.
- Visit the Brisbane City Hall Clock Tower. Climb to the top of the iconic clock tower for stunning panoramic views of Brisbane city.
- Explore the underground tunnels of Fort Lytton. Travel back in time to the 19th century and experience what life was like for soldiers at the historic fort.
- Visit the Queensland Maritime Museum. Discover our state’s rich maritime history with fascinating displays and exhibitions.
- Visit the GOMA Children’s Art Centre. Inspire creativity and imagination with interactive art exhibits.
- Take a ride on the Wheel of Brisbane. Get a bird’s eye view of Brisbane from one of the most iconic landmarks in the city.
- Visit the Streets Beach in Southbank. Enjoy a man-made beach that is perfect for young families, with shallow waters and plenty of shade.
- Go on a river cruise. Take a leisurely cruise along the Brisbane River with breathtaking views of the city skyline.
- Visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Experience close encounters with Australia’s most beloved animals, including koalas, kangaroos, and wombats.
- Have fun at the Roma Street Parkland. Unleash the kids on an extensive parkland featuring various playgrounds, picnic areas, and stunning gardens.
- Visit the Queensland Museum. Explore our state’s cultural and natural heritage through educational exhibitions.
- Enjoy a family-friendly show at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. Watch captivating performances by local and international artists suitable for all ages.
- Explore The Store of Requirement. Explore a Harry Potter emporium with themed merchandise and quirky displays.
- Join the Flipside Circus. Get the kids active with circus skills training and supervised performances.
- Jump it out at Urban Xtreme. Release the kids on an indoor trampoline arena, perfect for those high energy days.
- Go on a Treetop Challenge at Tamborine Mountain. Take on the high ropes course and ziplines surrounded by lush rainforest.
- Check out the Redlands Indigiscapes Centre. Learn about Australia’s Indigenous culture and the environment through interactive exhibits and guided tours.
- Take a hike along the Enoggera Reservoir Trail. Expose the family to our beautiful bushland, passing eucalypt forests, grassy meadows, and rocky outcrops.
- Visit Moreton Island. Enjoy a day trip or overnight stay at the world’s third-largest sand island with activities such as snorkeling, sandboarding, and dolphin feeding.
- Attempt a kid-friendly escape room. Work as a team to discover hidden clues and escape a mystery game room.
Have we missed something? Let us now what your favourite place to go with kids in Brisbane!