After the indulgences of Christmas, January is the time for a refreshing salad!
Simple, healthy AND delicious, this Thai Beef Salad is the perfect family meal this summer.
THAI BEEF SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- Corianders stems, finely chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g stir fry beef strips
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 4 long red chillies, sliced diagonally
- 1 cucumber, deseeded & sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Combine marinade ingredients except lime juice in a large bowl. Ensure that palm sugar is broken up and fully dissolved.
- Add beef and combine well, ensuring marinade is evenly distributed. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour lime juice over marinating meat to tenderise and mix in. (Combining it in marinade will overcook the meat.)
- Combine herbs and vegetables in a large serving bowl. Gently take apart leaves and toss. Deseed chillies to reduce spiciness.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over high heat.
Sear beef strips for 30-40 seconds, stirring well to cook evenly. Transfer to plate and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir beef so strips are well coated with marinade. Pour liquid over the salad, then place beef strips on top.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Meats: (07) 5451 0522 | www.freshmeats.com.au
86 Wises Road, Maroochydore QLD 4558
Now delivering fresh home-cooked meals, meat packs and groceries to your door