Go meat-free with this easy enchilada pie. It’s packed full of vegetables and a great meal for any day of the week!
This recipe is great for making ahead as it freezes well.
Prep 5 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 capsicum, any colour you like, sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 2 tsp – 2 tbsp fajita spice mix (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 100g low-fat sour cream
- 30g grated cheddar
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry capsicum and onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Add beans, fajita spice mix, chopped tomatoes and some seasoning. Bubble for 5 minutes to reduce the tomatoes a little, then stir in most of the coriander. Heat grill and warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread a quarter of capsicum and onion mixture over the base of an ovenproof dish (a round one, if possible) or frying pan. Top with some of the sour cream and a warm tortilla, then repeat the layers three more times, finishing off with a final layer of sour cream. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill for 5 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Scatter with remaining coriander before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 609kcal; Carbs: 76g; Protein: 19g; Fat: 22g; Fibre: 14g; Sugar: 26g; Salt: 3.1g