As well as a time for magic and gift giving, Christmas is a time for scrummy desserts!
This Christmas Trifle from chocolate aficionado Kirsten Tibballs is surprisingly easy to make, and deeeeelicious.
Quantity: 1 trifle (trifle bowl holds 1.5 L of water) | Time: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch salt • 250 ml Bulla pure cream
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 800 ml Bulla dollop cream (A)
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 large fresh passionfruit
- ½ packet gingernut biscuits
- 200 ml Bulla dollop cream (B)
- Small block Callebaut milk chocolate
- Extra icing sugar, for dusting
- Place the vanilla, salt, pure cream and brown sugar in a saucepan and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add in the butter and whisk together to create a butterscotch sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the dollop cream (A) with the icing sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Place one third of the cream/lemon mixture into the trifle bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the passionfruit and place a layer of the seeds on top of the cream.
- Add a layer of gingernut biscuits followed by a layer of butterscotch sauce. Repeat the process three times until the bowl is full. Reserve some passionfruit seeds for garnishing.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- To finish, spoon the dollop cream (B) on top of the trifle.
- Create chocolate shavings using a vegetable peeler.
- Decorate the trifle with chocolate shavings and sprinkle the reserved passionfruit seeds on top.
- Finally, dust some icing sugar over the trifle.
By Kirsten Tibballs | Savour Chocolate and Patisserie School | savourschool.com.au
For more sweet recipes from Kirsten Tibballs, try these Super-cute ghost lollipops for Halloween