Easy enchilada pie
Go meat-free with this easy enchilada pie. It’s packed full of vegetables and a great meal for any day of the week!
This recipe is great for making ahead as it freezes well.
Prep 5 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 capsicum, any colour you like, sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 2 tsp – 2 tbsp fajita spice mix (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 100g low-fat sour cream
- 30g grated cheddar
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry capsicum and onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Add beans, fajita spice mix, chopped tomatoes and some seasoning. Bubble for 5 minutes to reduce the tomatoes a little, then stir in most of the coriander. Heat grill and warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread a quarter of capsicum and onion mixture over the base of an ovenproof dish (a round one, if possible) or frying pan. Top with some of the sour cream and a warm tortilla, then repeat the layers three more times, finishing off with a final layer of sour cream. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill for 5 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Scatter with remaining coriander before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 609kcal; Carbs: 76g; Protein: 19g; Fat: 22g; Fibre: 14g; Sugar: 26g; Salt: 3.1g
Written by Calista Bruschi
When she’s not moulding Play-Doh or dancing in the living room with her children, Calista Bruschi is an editor and writer. She has oodles of experience working on newspapers, magazines and websites. Calista likes to organise and be organised. She loves being a mum, Italian food, wine, sport and stationery. She hasn't sleep a full night in more than five years and is powered by coffee.