- The Kids on the Coast and Kids in the City websites and their content is copyright @2017.
- Shore Media owns and controls all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website and all copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
Unless you own or control the relevant copyright to content you have submitted, you must not:
- Re-publish content from our website (including republication on another website).
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website for any purpose.
CONDUCT WHEN INTERACTING WITH OUR WEBSITE
- By interacting with any Shore Media website/s as a user or an advertiser acknowledges that you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions of use.
- As part of your agreement to the Shore Media terms and conditions of use you are representing yourself, or any other party on their behalf, and are stating that you have legal authority to accept the terms and conditions of use.
- You will not take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website.
DATA COLLECTION AND USE:
- You may not collect from our website data for the purpose of any direct marketing activity.
- All intellectual property in relation to material included on this site belongs to Shore Media or its licensors or advertisers and users obtain no interest in that property.
- All material on this site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. Users may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the material.
- Information can be downloaded for personal use only.
- Commercial downloading for any reason is strictly prohibited and the publisher reserves the right to seek recovery and damages through due legal process.
The publisher, Shore Media, is committed to protecting your privacy by providing a safe and secure environment for you while interacting with our site. When registering for emails you will be asked to provide your name, email address and region. Other information may be requested from time to time but it is entirely your choice to respond to these requests and the information requested would only be for a specific purpose that will be disclosed at the time. You can be assured we will only use any personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you have agreed to provide it for.
Personal information is only requested in order to enable Shore Media to deliver personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users.
How your personal information could be used:
- To personalise your experience by delivering content, promotions and other information that you would see as pertinent.
- To administer a competition, promotion, survey or the like to enable us, or the promoter, to contact you and to verify your identity.
RESPONSIBILITY AND REPRESENTATION
- You agree not to make any comments that defame any person, business or service negatively and by doing so are bound by all relevant laws and accept complete liability for and loss or damage caused.
- Except to the extent required by applicable laws and only to that extent Shore Media and its employees and agents accept no responsibility for any loss or damage incidental, direct, emotional, actual or any sort of damages through the use of this website for any reason.
- Shore Media is not responsible nor has any liability in relation to any loss or damage that users incur by using this website and products or services promoted on this site, including damage to users software or hardware, arising from the use of or access to this site.
- The publisher, Shore Media, reserves the right to correct grammar, spelling and abridge material in all submissions. The publisher reserves the right to refuse to publish or to republish without any explanation for such action.
- Shore Media will endeavour to make all reasonable efforts to provide information that is both accurate and correct at the time of publication. Shore Media accepts no liability for any incorrect information supplied and/or information that changes.
- Shore Media makes no representation on behalf of advertisers good and services and publishes advertising in good faith.
- The publisher of Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City, its employees and agents will endeavour to place and reproduce advertisements as requested but takes no responsibility for omission, delay or error in transmission, production deficiency, alteration or misplacement. The advertiser must notify the publisher of any errors as soon as they appear; otherwise the publisher accepts no responsibility for republishing such advertisements.
- Shore Media is not responsible for any loss or damage arising for any use or purchase of any goods or services by any advertiser or third party mentioned on this website.
- The Shore Media website/s may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use.
SHARING AND SUBMISSION OF CONTENT
- When you post or submit any information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, it will be to the best of your knowledge true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- You will not post or transmit any content that could be deemed in any way to be harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations
- You agree not to take any action to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- It is the sole responsibility of the user by accepting the terms and conditions of use of this website that they will confirm all information on this website prior to attendance of any event, purchase of any tickets or good or use of any service with the organiser of the said event.
- Feedback and article submitters, advertisers and advertising agencies warrant to the publisher that any material placed is in no way an infringement of any copyright or other right and does not breach confidence, is not defamatory, libellous or unlawful, does not slander title, does not contain anything obscene or indecent and does not infringe the Trades Practices Act or other laws, regulations or statutes. Feedback and Article Submitters, Advertisers and Advertising Agents also agree to indemnify the publisher and its’ agents against any claims, demands, proceedings, damages, costs including legal costs or other costs or expenses properly incurred, penalties and judgements, occasioned to the publisher in consequence of any breach of the above warranties.
- The Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City website/s may include links to third party sites, which are not related to Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City or affiliated publications in relation to which Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this site does not indicate in any way a relationship between Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City and that third party or any endorsement by Kids on the Coast of that third parties’ product, service or conduct.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
How do we use site cookies?
Site cookies are used to compile aggregate data about site traffic and how users are interacting with our site so that we can offer you, the user, a better experience when you visit our site and enable us to develop tools to continue to enhance this experience.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entry is open to residents of Southeast Queensland and Northern New South Wales, except associates of Shore Media and their associated agencies.
- The promoters of the Kids on the Coast competitions are Shore Media Pty Ltd A.C.N 621.120.901
- Entry in the competition is done by completing the entry form.
- Only one entry per person is accepted.
- Entry into a competition will also add you to our e-news list.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, Shore Media may share your information with the affiliated partner, to fulfil competition deliverables.
- Persons under the age of 18 years must gain parental consent before entering.
- To be eligible, all applications must be received and processed between the dates specified for each competition published in the magazine and on the website. No application will be processed if all information is not entered.
- There will be a random draw of names from correct entries for the prize winner of each competition. The result of the draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email. If no response is received within 72 hours from the date the email is sent, the prize will be drawn again.
- The prize is not refundable or transferable and may not be converted into cash.
- Shore Media Pty Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage that any entrant or winner in this competition may suffer, whether as a result of the promoters’ negligence or otherwise, except in relation to any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the website, Kids on the Coast and Kids in the City services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, email us.
- Shore Media Pty Ltd will not accept any responsibility for any delays in the mail service and is not liable for any delay or failure by the Promoter to deliver any prize or for the quality of the prize or for any loss or damage arising in connection with the competition.
- Kids on the Coast Magazine and Kids in the City Magazine competitions are not in any way endorsed or sponsored by Facebook.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City Magazines are committed to bringing you editorial with integrity. Any support we do receive from local businesses to produce stories does not compromise the integrity of our coverage. Content in the form of a review, sponsored post, branded or native content will clearly be displayed as paid or sponsored content with a ‘FEATURED’ stamp.
Even in cases when compensation is received for reviews or advertisements, Kids on the Coast/Kids in the City will always provide honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences around those topics or products. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. For more information, please refer to our Shore Media Editorial Code of Conduct.
Should you have any complaints, please refer to our Shore Media Complaints Procedure.
2. How We Use Your Information
Shore Media only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
Shore Media will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of Shore Media unless required to do so by law. Further, Shore Media reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
Shore Media may use your personal information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyse data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyse data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganisation, stock sale or other change in control.
Shore Media may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
We are not liable or responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit in forums such as a feedback areas, comment areas or any other publicly accessible area of the site.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
4. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features such as edit and account.
5. Email Choice/Opt-out
If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications you may opt-out of receiving these communications by changing your “email notification” settings in your “account settings.”
If any user who receives an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, [he or she] can do so by following the instructions in the emails. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
6. Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorised to use the Site, unless you have your parents’ / guardians’ express permission. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
7. Disclaimer to Security
8. Notification of Changes
9. Further information