This is seriously the best banana bread ever!
This easy banana bread is low in sugar, making it a perfect addition to kids’ lunchboxes, AND it works well as an after-school snack.
EASY BANANA BREAD
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 250ml coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence or powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 4 1/2 tbs rice malt syrup/maple syrup/honey + plus extra for glazing
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Grease a loaf tin or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond meal, cinnamon, crushed walnuts, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add the bananas to a bowl and mash thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and rice malt syrup then stir in the mashed banana.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil and stir in well.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 55 – 60 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- When removed from oven allow to cool and then brush with remaining rice malt syrup.