Yum, it’s strawberry season! Known as nature’s candy, strawberries are bursting with health benefits, making them the perfect addition to your weekly shop. Rich in both vitamin C and folate, they are important for a healthy immune system and perfect for growing kids! These Strawberry Bliss Balls are easy to make, and a fab lunchbox treat.
Strawberry Bliss Balls for Kids
- 200g Queensland strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup (optional)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut plus a little extra for rolling
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Large pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or chopped toasted nuts
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until the mixture comes together.
- If the mix is too sticky add a little more desiccated coconut.
- Roll into balls and coat in coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- You can make these balls with oven-dried strawberries which have a more intense flavour and a slightly chewy texture
- Try one of the other nut butters like pistachio or almond as a fresh change from peanut butter
Makes about 20 balls
Recipe courtesy of Queensland Strawberry Growers Association