The temperatures are dropping, and we’re reaching for our winter warmers. That includes recipes that will keep the family happy and well nourished! This quick chicken casserole is darn tasty! It’s also so simple that you’re likely going to find it in your weekly family meal plan.
Quick Chicken Casserole Recipe for Families
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1kg chicken breast (cut into chunks)
- 2 x 425g condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500g chunky frozen vegetables
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced).
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken until it is slightly browned on the edges.
- Add the stock, soup and thyme to the chicken and stir. Stir in the frozen vegetables. Bring to the boil and pour into a casserole dish.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken casserole with chopped parsley to garnish.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 90.5kcal; Fat: 3g; Sodium: 296mg; Carbohydrates: 4g; Protein: 11g.