If you’re trying to keep the kids from consuming too much sugar, this tasty banana bread recipe is just the thing you need. It uses the natural sweetness of ripe bananas to give it a delicious sweet flavour.
It’s the ideal recipe for school lunchboxes and after-school snacks. Put your feet up with a cuppa and enjoy a slice yourself!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour 10 minutes
Sugar-free Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 11.5cm x 22cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with a fork until smooth. Add eggs, oil, milk and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Sift flours, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt over banana mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and level top with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Nutritional Information (per serving)